GCORE Membership Agreement
Welcome to Global Centre of Research and Engagement (GCORE) and thanks for using gcore.com.
Please take some time to review our Membership Agreement, as by becoming a GCORE member, you are entering into a legally binding agreement of our terms.
GCORE connects, prepares and protects people working or travelling offsite and overseas.
We help individuals, fieldworkers, loneworkers and organisations manage offsite deployment safely and effectively. Our comprehensive, end-to-end solution enhances personal efficiency, improves risk management and increases completion rates of fieldwork and projects.
You agree that by clicking “Become a member”, “GCORE membership” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (including our related mobile apps, or any content or information provided as part of these services, collectively, “Services”), you are entering into a legally binding agreement (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). Your agreement is with Global Centre of Research and Engagement Pte Ltd (Singapore).
Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Guests”. This Agreement applies to both.
2.1 Service Eligibility
To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age” (defined below) or older; (2) you will only have one GCORE account, which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by GCORE from using the Services.
“Minimum Age” means:
a. 18 years old for the People’s Republic of China,
b. 16 years old for the Netherlands,
c. 14 years old for the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea, and
d. 13 years old for all other countries.
However, if law requires that you must be older in order for GCORE to lawfully provide the Services to you (including the collection, storage and use of your information) then the Minimum Age is such older age. The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 13.
2.2 Your GCORE Membership
Remember your account belongs to you. Therefore, you agree to:
I. try to choose a strong and secure password;
II. keep your password secure and confidential;
III. not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections, groups) and
IV. follow the law and the Dos and Don’ts below.
You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
If you purchase any of our paid Services, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes. Failure to pay these fees may result in the termination of your membership or service. Also:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
- You authorise us to store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your service (e.g. subscriptions) and to facilitate easy payment for new services.
- You must pay us for applicable fees and taxes unless you cancel the Service, in which case you agree to still pay these fees through the end of the applicable service period.
- Taxes are calculated based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
You can get a copy of your invoice through https://gcore.com/my-account
2.4 Notices and Service Messages
You agree that we may provide notices to you in the following ways:
I. a banner notice on the Service, or
II. an email sent to an address you provided, or
III. through other means including mobile number, telephone, or mail. You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
2.5 Messages and Sharing
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, links to news articles, member messages and blogs. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members. Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g.or limiting your profile visibility). Note that other activities, such as sending a member message, are by default private, only visible to the addressee(s) and the website administrator/s.
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1 Your License to GCORE
As between you and GCORE, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Member portal and you are only granting GCORE the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Member portal, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Member portal and they copied or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will get your consent if we want to give others the right to publish your posts beyond the Member portal. However, other Members and/or Guests may access and share your content and information, consistent with your settings and degree of connection with them.
- While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to GCORE, you agree that GCORE can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information if that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (e.g., without violating any intellectual property rights or breaching a contract). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. GCORE may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
We may change, suspend or end any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
3.3 Other Content, Sites and apps
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. GCORE generally does not review content provided by our Members. You agree that we are not responsible for third parties’ (including other Members’) content or information or for any damages as result of your use of or reliance on it.
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third party apps or sites that link from our Services. If you allow a third party app or site to authenticate you or connect with your GCORE account, that app or site can access information on GCORE related to you and your connections. Third party apps and sites have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and you may be giving others permission to use your information in ways we would not. Except to the limited extent it may be required by applicable law, GCORE is not responsible for these other sites and apps — use these at your own risk.
GCORE reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. GCORE reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if GCORE believes that you may be in breach of this Agreement or law or are misusing the Services (e.g. violating any Do and Don’ts).
GCORE reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. For example, GCORE Member Portal, and “in” logos and other GCORE trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with GCORE are trademarks or registered trademarks of GCORE. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, GCORE (AND THOSE THAT GCORE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES)
A. DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT);
B. DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND
C. PROVIDE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
4.2 Exclusion of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS GCORE HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT SUPERSEDES THIS AGREEMENT), GCORE (AND THOSE THAT GCORE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OR CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF GCORE (AND THOSE THAT GCORE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS, AN AMOUNT THAT IS $1000 USD.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND GCORE AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF GCORE HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
GCORE or You may terminate this Agreement at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the GCORE Member Portal and its Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members’ and/or Guests’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
- Sections 4, 6 and 7 of this Agreement;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You can delete your member account in the member area by going into your profile settings and clicking the “delete account” link.
6. Dispute Resolution
You agree that the laws of Singapore, excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Agreement and/or the Services. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in the courts of Singapore, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
7. General Terms
If a court with authority over this Agreement finds any part of it not enforceable, you and us agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and us agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Agreement. To the extent allowed by law, the English version of this Agreement is binding and other translations are for convenience only. This Agreement (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don’t act to enforce a breach of this Agreement, that does not mean that GCORE has waived its right to enforce this Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or your GCORE membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that GCORE may assign this Agreement to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement and will provide you notice if we do and we agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you don’t agree to these changes, you must stop using the Services.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
8. “Dos” and “DON’Ts”
8.1 Dos. You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile;
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
8.2 Don’ts. You agree that you will not:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- Add content that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by GCORE);
- Use an image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo for your profile;
- Create a false identity on GCORE;
- Misrepresent your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym;
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- Invite people you do not know to join your network;
- Use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person;
- Send spam or other unwelcomed communications to others;
- Scrape or copy profiles and information of others through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- Act in an unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner;
- Disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose (such as confidential information of others);
- Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of GCORE, including, without limitation, using the word “GCORE” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL;
- Use GCORE invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation unauthorized by GCORE;
- Send messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or post transmitted through the Services;
- Create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
- Creating or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice;
- Copy or use the information, content or data of others available on the Services (except as expressly authorized);
- Copy or use the information, content or data on GCORE in connection with a competitive service (as determined by GCORE);
- Copy, modify or create derivative works of GCORE, the Services or any related technology (except as expressly authorised by GCORE);
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology, or any part thereof;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by GCORE without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited GCORE trainer);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services or related any information or data;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on GCORE, without GCORE ‘s consent;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service;
- Remove, cover or obscure any advertisement included on the Services;
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information obtained from GCORE without the consent of GCORE;
- Share or disclose information of others without their express consent;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the Services or any related data or information;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by GCORE, such as its mobile applications and gcore.com;
- Override any security feature of the Services;
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms).
9. Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a policy and process for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.