Build research and fieldwork capacity through face-to-face classes, field training and eLearning.
GCORE brings together a comprehensive learning approach to fieldwork, building on established research theories and methods. It also enables learning communities around research.
In the Learn module, you can access learning programs designed to prepare researchers to be more effective and efficient in the field, and help you embark with a clear, executable plan.
Content is delivered in a variety of ways, and covers topics ranging from research methodologies, ethics and data management, through to personal safety, security and communications.
GCORE employs United Nations safety and security personnel as lead trainers for GCORE classes, and students successfully completing GCORE courses will be awarded certificates issued by the United Nations Department of Safety and Security.
Products and services
- Fieldwork in Complex and Hostile Places: an 8-day intensive course, delivered in class-based lectures and simulated learning environment. About the course
- Preventing Corruption in Humanitarian Aid eLearning course. Find out more about this course
- Ethics training by the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI): online, only available to GCORE members. Read more about CITI courses
- Access to templates, education material and ethics training
- Access to a knowledge platform which delivers content that is recognised by UN agencies