Instant reaction to an attack
Guaranteed availability (SLA) 99,9%
Technical support 24/7/365
Features of DDoS attacks in 2022
In 2022, high-capacity attacks are no longer rare, so the filtering center must be able to handle large volumes of traffic with minimal delays.
Guaranteed protection against all types of DDoS attacks
Overflow attacks on a server:
In case of significant attacks, the data center will be forced to block this server
Network interface overflow
Data center may suffer from high-powered attacks
Attacks on TCP protocol stack
High-frequency and low-frequency attacks on the application
- Huge bandwidth capacity of the Gcore network, allowing it to handle dozens of terabits of traffic.
- High degree of customization: the ability to adapt L7 attack filtering rules to any application.
- Complex protection algorithms make it impossible to bypass our scrubbing system, even if attackers disguise traffic for attacks as legitimate game traffic.
- An advanced scrubbing system capable of receiving, calculating and rendering harmless attacks of hundreds of gigabits per second.
- 99.9% SLA for web security service.
How to connect and manage the protection?
Locations Around The World
- How we protected Albion Online against complex and massive DDoS attacksAlbion Online is a true cross-platform MMO available on Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android.The IP address and port of the server (in this case, the address of the game server and the application port) were targeted by the attacker. In particularly difficult cases, an attacker can guess the size (window) of a legitimate packet and generate the necessary bitrate for the SRC_IP and DST_IP pair (one flow). This effectively obstructs filtering. If an attack is well-generated, it is almost impossible to distinguish legitimate (game) traffic from illegitimate traffic by means of analysis.Building a regexp close to the application traffic pattern is a difficult but possible task. It all depends on the attacker’s persistence.There are not that many countermeasures to filter such attacks.
- How we protected Wargaming against DDoS attacksWargaming is one of the world’s largest publishers and developers in the free-to-play MMO market. Last year, Gcore’ defense systems detected an attack aimed at Wargaming servers.The total volume of the attack was 253Gbps, and it lasted about 15minutes. The attackers used the UDP Flood method. By using filter rules to protect against well-known amplification attacks, we deflected some of the malicious traffic at our border routers. We redirected the other part to our cleaning system for deeper analysis to make a more informed decision about blocking.