We’re pleased to announce the public beta availability of our new product, Managed Database for PostgreSQL. This is a fully managed database service that gives you access to PostgreSQL in the cloud. Gcore handles all the administrative tasks related to database management, such as installation, configuration, and maintenance, enabling engineers to concentrate on more valuable business tasks.
Gcore Managed Database for PostgreSQL is in the beta testing stage, so it’s currently available for free. Here’s how to get started:
- Log in to the Gcore Platform. If you are not registered, sign up using your email, Google, or GitHub account.
- From the vertical menu on the left, select Cloud, then Database for PostgreSQL. You will see this window:
- Click Create PostgreSQL server and configure your server. Make sure you have enough quotas to create a PostgreSQL server. If not, use our guide on how to request quotas. In this guide, you will also learn how to configure a server, get credentials, upgrade the PostgreSQL version, and access the server via psql or pgAdmin.
Gcore Managed Database for PostgreSQL is a managed service for PostgreSQL, a scalable and high-performance open-source database management system. PostgreSQL has diverse use cases and has become particularly popular for applications with microservices architecture. Managed Database for PostgreSQL provides database infrastructure management, scalability, expert assistance, and ease of administration.
Here are some common use cases for a managed PostgreSQL service:
- Web applications: Web and mobile app developers can have their databases managed more efficiently for their web projects by using a managed PostgreSQL service.
- Analysis: Data analytics and business intelligence applications benefit from databases that can scale and perform well, like PostgreSQL, and can focus on their core business by using a managed service.
- IoT (Internet of Things): Managed PostgreSQL empowers the storage and analysis of immense data volumes generated by IoT devices and stored in a database.
- E-commerce: Online sellers can count on managed PostgreSQL to handle large inventories and customer information held in a database.
- Fully managed service: We manage your PostgreSQL database’s infrastructure, guaranteeing its smooth and secure operation.
- Flexible instance configuration: To deploy PostgreSQL, you can choose from various virtual machines with vCPU, RAM, and storage configurations, so you’ll find an option that suits your load requirements.
- High availability: We offer a high availability feature, enabling the deployment of two additional replicas for superior fault tolerance.
- Security: You can limit data access to only the IP addresses specified in an access control list.
- Global reach: Currently, Managed Database for PostgreSQL is available in Darmstadt, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Manassas, and Singapore.
- Version support: We currently support PostgreSQL versions 13, 14, and 15.
Gcore Managed Database for PostgreSQL is in the beta testing stage, and you can try it for free. During the beta testing period, the database size limit is 100GB. If you need to use a larger database, please contact Gcore support.
Explore all the features of Managed Database for PostgreSQL and discover how it works over on the product page. Or, read our documentation to learn how to configure a PostgreSQL server and set up database backups and restores. As always, we’re here to help if you need assistance with Managed Database for PostgreSQL (or any other Gcore product.)