The cessation of Lumen and StackPath CDN services presents an opportune moment for businesses to reassess their CDN needs and explore superior alternatives. Read on to discover how Gcore’s CDN can take your online performance to the next level, and learn how to migrate to Gcore CDN quickly and easily. We are ready to help you to transition to our CDN service seamlessly—give us a call, WhatsApp, or email to switch now.
Don’t take our word for Gcore’s advantages—take a look for yourself. Here’s a comprehensive comparison of how Gcore CDN stacks up against deprecated CDN providers Lumen and StackPath:
|Edge Network (October 2023)||Gcore||StackPath||Lumen|
|Points of presence||150+||73||95|
|Global network capacity, Tbps||110+||100+||170+|
|White label solution||Yes||No||—|
|Custom edge rules||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dynamic content acceleration||Yes||No||Yes|
|Brotli, Gzip compression||Yes||Gzip only||—|
|WebP, AVIF compression||Yes||WebP only||—|
|Large file delivery optimization||Yes||Yes||—|
|Advanced video streaming tools||Yes||Partial||Third-party|
|Detailed statistics by servers||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Detailed statistics by users||Yes||No||—|
|Access security policies||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|TLS 1.3 encryption||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|L3, L4 DDoS protection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|L7 DDoS protection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
— No public information available.
Advantages of Gcore CDN
Gcore’s CDN is a robust, scalable, and efficient solution, offering a significant upgrade from your previous CDN provider. Let’s examine some advantages that set Gcore CDN apart:
- Extensive global network: We have an expansive and truly global network of over 150 points of presence (PoPs) in Tier III/Tier IV data centers, and we boast 11,000+ peering partners. We deliver your content with an average latency of just 30 ms, even during peak traffic periods.
- Robust content delivery: Gcore implements dynamic content acceleration techniques and technologies, such as TCP and TLS connection optimization and intelligent routing.
- Enhanced security: We offer comprehensive DDoS Protection, including TLS 1.3 encryption, L3, L4, and L7, web application security with bot protection, and web app and API protection to protect you from the attack.
- Feature-rich solution: We offer a full suite of content delivery features: Brotli and Gzip compression, WebP and AVIF compression, large file delivery optimization, video (live and VOD) delivery, image optimization and advanced video streaming tools. Gcore CDN is a one-stop shop for all of your content delivery needs.
- Powerful product ecosystem: Our CDN can be easily integrated with our virtual instances, advanced DDoS Protection, DNS Hosting, Cloud Storage and Video Streaming and other advanced Gcore products.
How to Migrate to Gcore
At Gcore, we offer premium support services to enterprise customers. Our highly skilled premium support team will help you migrate to Gcore’s CDN. Our technical specialists will set up your CDN and provide personal support to get you started and ensure your experience is always exceptional. To get premium support, just leave us a request.
You also can undertake migration yourself; the process is easy and takes less than half an hour. All setup steps are thoroughly documented in our CDN Product Docs. In order to switch to our infrastructure seamlessly as possible, follow these three steps:
- Sign up to Gcore to access your dashboard and pick your subscription plan.
- Add an origin group by specifying origin servers and configuring access to them so that your assets can start cached by our CDN.
- Depending on whether you’re using CDN for your whole site or only static content, either:
- Configure the CDN for the entire site and change the DNS settings of your DNS services provider.
- Configure the CDN for static content by adding a CNAME record in your DNS provider’s personal account settings. Then, replace the source domain with a custom domain of the CDN resource in the path for static files. If your site is built on a CMS, you can replace a domain name automatically using special plugins.
The moment the DNS settings are applied (depending on your DNS provider, it might take up to 24 hours) you’ll be up and running with Gcore’s CDN.
Our technical support team is available to guide you through the process—we’re available 24/7 via phone, WhatsApp, online chat, and email.
Turn the loss of your previous CDN provider into a business win by migrating to Gcore CDN. With Gcore CDN, you’ll deliver content at unparalleled speeds, backed by a network designed for the ultimate resilience and security. Unlock the full potential of your digital content—explore our CDN pricing and seize the opportunity to elevate your web performance.
Our team is eager to welcome clients transitioning from other services, ensuring your provider change is a leap toward a more reliable and efficient online future. Contact us to start your transition!