Player is a paid feature that allows customizing the default player.
Let’s compare the default and custom player. To show you the customization options:
Send us the request to activate the option via email@example.com or the chat window in the bottom-right corner of our website. Please specify your ID in the request, so we can identify your account. You can find it on the main page of your Control panel.
The message template: "Good afternoon! Please enable the Player feature for an account with ID … (your ID)".
We will notify you when we enable the Player feature. After that, you will be able to configure your custom player.
1. Go to the Players tab and press the Create a player button.
2. Enter the name of your player (it will be displayed on the control panel) and press the Create button.
The configuration page opens. Complete the remaining steps in it.
3. Set the custom player as the default one for VOD or/and Live stream if you want to use this player for all videos/streams. You can also choose a custom player for a specific video or stream.
4. Enable necessary video behavior options:
Autoplay. If the option is active, a video starts playing automatically when a user opens the website page with it.
Mute. If the option is active, video plays with the sound off.
5. Enable necessary player control options:
6. Select colors for different elements of your player:
7. To collect data on your viewers' actions in the player, activate the Enables Google Analytics option and specify your Google Analytics ID.
8. Add a logo that will be displayed on the screen. 9. Select the logo position. 10. Save changes.
Was this article helpful?
Explore the Streaming Platform by Gcore