The prices for cloud services are growing all over the world. Many business owners claim that their cloud costs are on the rise.
However, the cost of Gcore Cloud services has remained stable for a long time.
In this article, we will tell you about our Cloud pricing policy and how our services help you save money.
Stable cloud prices
The cost of services offered by many providers is really growing. This is due to the huge demand for cloud services, including public IPv4 addresses.
The demand growth was largely boosted by the COVID-19 pandemic. 90% of companies, which took part in the recent survey, expect to use the cloud more widely in future because most business areas are currently moving online what increases the load on the server end of the infrastructure.
Despite all this, our prices are stable, universally applicable all over the world.
The prices for our IP addresses have not changed in a long time. You can buy a public and floating IP address for €2.5.
The cost of virtual machines starts from €1 per month (net of VAT). We use a pay-as-you-go model with per-minute charges. Your spending depends on the amount of capacity you use.
Unlike most competitors, which charge for the outgoing traffic, we don’t do it.
Why we don’t increase prices
No one likes price hikes. We value confidence of our customers and want them to remain happy not only with the quality of our services, but also with our pricing policy.
We don’t think that a stronger demand is a good reason to change the cost of services. Our prices remain the same and we don’t plan to increase them any time soon.
What the Cloud price depends on
The cost of our virtual machines consists of several components:
- Number of virtual processor cores and RAM.
- Disk space.
- Operating system: Linux or Windows. The latter is licensed unlike Linux, which is an open-source software. This means that a Windows-powered machine will be more expensive.
- Performance and storage type: Ultra, Cloud, Standard or High-IOPS. Ultra is the cheapest option, High-IOPS is the most expensive one.
- Number of floating and public IP addresses.
- Use of snapshot features, which take up the disk space.
The prices for bare metal instances depend on the location and configuration you choose.
Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) is a payment model that charges based on resource usage. This means that you pay only for computing capacity you actually used.
You can hook up a virtual machine to the configuration you need with a specific amount of vCPU, RAM and disk space or a specific bare metal configuration. If at some point in future the capacity is not enough, you can increase it in a few clicks. And the new resources will be ready for operation in a couple of minutes.
How such model helps you save money:
- No downtime. You pay only for computing capacity you use and there is no need to connect servers to spare.
- Instantaneous scaling. In the case of traffic spikes or rapid business growth, you can get extra resources in just a few minutes. And when you no longer need them, you can deactivate them just as quickly.
Our cloud also has a user-friendly statistics on resource usage. This can help you forecast the consumption and plan your budget better.
Cheaper than the competition
Our pricing policy allows us to offer cloud services on average 30% cheaper than the global providers.
Prices are valid as of July 26, 2021
- The cost of cloud services is growing all over the world. But Gcore Cloud keeps prices for its services stable.
- Our IP addresses are available for €2.5 and the cost of virtual machines starts from €1 per month (net of VAT). On top of it, our outgoing traffic is free of charge. Our prices will not change any time soon.
- The price for a virtual machine depends on the number of vCPUs, RAM, disk space, storage type, chosen location, number of IP addresses, and snapshots. But the cost of bare metal is heavily impacted by the server location and configuration.
- We use a pay-as-you-go model. This means that you pay only for computing capacity you actually consumed. The model allows users to avoid downtime and scale up resources instantaneously.
- The prices for our Cloud are on average 30% cheaper than those of the global providers.